Job Opportunities at Google for Haptics and Sensing Hardware Engineers
Job Opportunities at Google for Haptics and Sensing Hardware Engineers. Tackling immense, intricate, and one-of-a-kind computational challenges, Google creates custom hardware solutions rather than relying on off-the-shelf options. Join a team dedicated to designing and building the hardware, software, and networking technologies that drive Google’s diverse range of services. As a Hardware Engineer, you play a pivotal role in shaping the systems at the core of the world’s largest and most robust computing infrastructure. From circuit design to large system development, your work extends to high-volume manufacturing, influencing the machinery powering Google’s state-of-the-art data centers and impacting millions of users.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. The Devices & Services team, leveraging the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware, strives to create profoundly helpful user experiences. Engage in research, design, and development of innovative technologies and hardware, enhancing the speed, seamlessness, and power of user interactions with computing. Whether pioneering new methods to capture and sense the environment or advancing interaction modalities, the Devices & Services team is committed to improving lives through technology.
This full-time position offers a competitive US base salary ranging from $119,000 to $175,000, supplemented by bonus, equity, and benefits. The salary range considers role, level, and location factors, showcasing the minimum and maximum targets for new hire salaries across all US locations. Your pay within this range is influenced by your work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. For specific salary details tailored to your preferred location, your recruiter can provide more information during the hiring process.
It’s important to note that the compensation details in US role postings cover the base salary only and exclude bonuses, equity, and benefits. Learn more about the comprehensive benefits offered at Google as you consider joining our team.
- For this full-time role, the US base salary falls within the range of $119,000 to $175,000, with additional benefits including bonus, equity, and other perks.
- Salary structures are influenced by factors such as role, level, and location, ensuring fair and competitive compensation for all team members.
- Possess a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or demonstrate equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in PCB design and IC validation.
- Hands-on experience in software development using one or more programming languages.
- Hold a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or have equivalent practical experience.
- Acquired 2 years of experience in detailed product design within the realm of consumer electronic products.
- Demonstrated expertise in design or research involving input sensing, haptics, or acoustic technologies.
- Proficient in mobile or embedded systems development.
- Familiarity with the Android Framework.
- Take charge of designing and developing cutting-edge haptic technologies for the next generation, collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate new technology into product roadmaps.
- Lead the development and integration of haptic hardware for consumer electronics products throughout the entire lifecycle, from concept to production.
- Create and take ownership of crucial specifications and documentation essential for supporting the development and integration of haptic features.
- Work closely with internal research teams to explore new user experiences, playing a leading role in key research initiatives within the Technical Engineering team.
- Innovate alongside Software teams to enhance sensor drivers and algorithmic implementations for optimal performance.
At Google, we take pride in fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace, embodying equal opportunity principles, and serving as an affirmative action employer. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity extends across various dimensions, including race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We embrace qualified applicants without bias, even considering individuals with criminal histories under legal requirements. Explore Google’s comprehensive EEO Policy and familiarize yourself with EEO guidelines by reviewing ‘EEO is the Law.’ If you have a disability or specific needs that require accommodation, please inform us by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
The Haptics and Sensing Hardware Engineer roles at Google offer a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of cutting-edge technological innovation. As a pivotal member of the team, you will contribute to designing and building custom hardware solutions that drive Google’s diverse range of services, shaping the core systems of the world’s largest computing infrastructure.
Google’s mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible aligns with the objectives of the Devices & Services team. By leveraging the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware, the team aims to create profoundly helpful user experiences. As a Hardware Engineer, you will play a key role in this mission, engaging in research, design, and development of innovative technologies and hardware to enhance user interactions with computing.
The competitive compensation package, including a US base salary ranging from $119,000 to $175,000, along with bonuses, equity, and benefits, reflects Google’s commitment to providing fair and rewarding remuneration. The salary structure takes into account role, level, and location factors, ensuring equitable compensation for team members. Specific salary details tailored to your preferred location can be discussed with your recruiter during the hiring process.
Furthermore, the job description outlines the minimum requirements and preferred qualifications for the role, emphasizing the importance of skills in PCB design, IC validation, software development, and expertise in haptic and sensing technologies.
At Google, diversity and equal opportunity are integral to our values. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace, promoting equal employment opportunities irrespective of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, including those with criminal histories, under legal requirements. For individuals with disabilities or specific needs requiring accommodation, we encourage you to complete our Accommodations for Applicants form.
Join us at Google, where innovation meets inclusivity, and together, we shape the future of technology and user experiences.