Paint Job Near Me – The State of Florida
- Paint Job Near Me – The State of Florida
- About the Department of Military Affairs (DMA)
- Included in Our Offerings
- Employment Terms and Conditions
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualifications, Proficiencies, and Capabilities
- Important Notices:
- Paint Job Near Me
- Veterans’ Preference:
- Additional Veterans’ Preference Information:
- Paint Job Near Me
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Paint Job Near Me
- Where can I find more information about the E-Verify program and its implications for employment?
- Can I find information about Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements online?
- How can I stay informed about job openings and updates within the Department of Military Affairs?
- What does it mean to work in a Cooperative Agreement position?
- Are there opportunities for career advancement within the Department of Military Affairs?
- How often does the Department of Military Affairs conduct drug testing for employees?
- Is there a specific deadline for submitting application materials?
- Can I request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the application process?
- What is Veterans’ Preference, and how does it apply to job applicants?
- How do I apply for a position with the Department of Military Affairs?
Paint Job Near Me – The State of Florida. Our ideal candidate for the position should possess a High School Diploma and a minimum of one year of professional painting experience or a related field. The role involves applying paints, stains, and waterproofing materials to both interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and structures. The successful candidate will be proficient in finishing drywall, ensuring joints are seamlessly integrated, and applying paints and stains evenly without streaking. Attention to detail is crucial, with a focus on avoiding painting over unpainted surfaces, such as windows, wall plates, doorknobs, and other appurtenances.
In addition to the technical aspects of the job, the candidate must meet specific physical requirements, including the ability to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist, grasp, push, and pull. Manual dexterity with hands and fingers is essential, along with the capability to lift to 50 lbs and use ladders and lifts. The role also entails preparing surfaces for painting or staining by employing pressure washers, scrapers, chemicals, and sanders. The candidate must ensure that 90% of the surface area is free from dirt, mildew, spider webs, and loose paint film, and should be skilled in caulking and puttying joints and trim for painting.
Adherence to hazardous waste management regulations is a critical responsibility, including maintaining an inventory of paints and colors unique to certain facilities. The candidate must also manage outdated or damaged products by appropriately turning them into hazardous waste collection points. Recording work hours and materials used and submitting completed work orders promptly are part of the duties and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of painting and wallpapering techniques, methods for preparing surfaces, and the selection, use, maintenance, and cleaning of brushes, rollers, and other painting tools. Proficiency in using paint brushes, rollers, spray guns, and wallpapering tools, as well as the ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments, is essential. Effective communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others are also key attributes for success in this role.
About the Department of Military Affairs (DMA)
Paint Job Near Me
The core mission of the Florida Department of Military Affairs is to serve as the principal overseer of the Florida National Guard, ensuring effective management and readiness. This involves the continuous preparation of units and personnel to swiftly and proficiently support national security objectives. Beyond its national defense role, the department is committed to safeguarding the public safety of Florida citizens. Additionally, it actively contributes to various national, state, and community programs that enhance the overall value of the United States of America and the State of Florida.
In fulfilling its mission, the Florida Department of Military Affairs plays a pivotal role in maintaining a state of readiness within the Florida National Guard, facilitating the rapid and efficient deployment of resources when needed for national security efforts. The department’s commitment to public safety extends to protecting citizens within the state, emphasizing a dual responsibility to both national and local security.
Subscribe To Get Latest Fresh Content
Moreover, the department is dedicated to contributing meaningfully to broader initiatives that enhance the well-being and prosperity of the United States and the state of Florida. This includes active involvement in community programs that align with national and state priorities, reflecting a commitment to fostering resilience, preparedness, and cooperation.
In essence, the Florida Department of Military Affairs stands as a cornerstone of defense, preparedness, and contribution to the greater good. Through its multifaceted mission, it aims not only to fulfill its obligations to national security but also to actively engage in initiatives that uplift the communities it serves and add value to the nation as a whole.
Included in Our Offerings
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Dental, Vision, and Additional Insurance Options
- Retirement Plan Inclusions
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays for Work-Life Balance
- Career Advancement Prospects
- Tuition Waiver for Public College Courses
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Explore benefit details for State of Florida employees at
Employment Terms and Conditions
- Prospective employees at the Department of Military Affairs must successfully undergo a pre-employment drug screening as part of the onboarding process.
- Participation in a direct deposit/electronic transfer program is mandatory for new hires within the Department of Military Affairs.
- Compensation within the Department of Military Affairs is structured on a monthly payment schedule.
- The nature of this position entails a Cooperative Agreement arrangement.
- As an applicant, it is imperative to furnish documentation (e.g., High School Diploma or Equivalency, College Transcripts, etc.) for validation of meeting the Minimum Qualifications.
- Successful candidates must be capable of securing a favorable National Agency Check background investigation clearance.
Possession of a High School Diploma AND
At least one (1) year of professional painting experience or a related field
- Capability to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist, grasp, push, and pull.
- Manual dexterity with hands and fingers is essential.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency in using ladders and lifts is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Paint Job Near Me
As a crucial member of our team, your responsibilities will encompass a range of tasks aimed at maintaining and enhancing the aesthetic and structural integrity of buildings and structures. This includes performing minor finishes and repairs on drywall and applying paints, stains, and waterproofing materials to both interior and exterior surfaces. Notably, attention to detail is paramount, ensuring that drywall finishes conceal joints seamlessly, and paints and stains are uniformly applied without streaking.
Your role extends to the preparation and cleaning of surfaces slated for painting or staining. This involves utilizing tools such as pressure washers, scrapers, chemicals, and sanders to guarantee that 90% of the surface area remains free from dirt, mildew, spider webs, and loose paint film. Additionally, you will be proficient in caulking and puttying joints and trim in preparation for painting.
Adherence to hazardous waste management regulations is a critical aspect of your responsibilities. This entails maintaining an inventory of paints and colors unique to specific facilities, ensuring compliance with workplace regulations. You will play a pivotal role in disposing of outdated or damaged products responsibly by directing them to the hazardous waste collection point.
To maintain efficient workflow and transparency, you will be expected to annotate your work hours and the materials used, submitting completed work orders promptly. This meticulous record-keeping contributes to the overall effectiveness and accountability of our operations, showcasing your commitment to quality and professionalism.
Qualifications, Proficiencies, and Capabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of painting and wallpapering techniques.
- Proficiency in the methods for preparing surfaces for painting or wallpapering.
- Familiarity with the selection, usage, maintenance, and cleaning of brushes, rollers, and other painting and wallpapering tools.
- Skilled in the use of paint brushes, rollers, spray guns, and wallpapering tools.
- Expertise in preparing surfaces for painting and wallpapering.
- Proficient in the precise mixing of paints and allied products.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Strong communication skills, enabling clear and concise interactions.
- Capability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
Paint Job Near Me
We would like to draw your attention to the following crucial reminders:
E-Verify Program Participation:
Both the State of Florida and The Department of Military Affairs actively participate in the E-Verify program. Federal law mandates that employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of individuals hired to work in the United States.
Selective Services System Registration:
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, must be registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday or possess a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS to be eligible for hire or promotion. Additional information can be found on the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov.
Paint Job Near Me
Following Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will be given preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are strongly encouraged to submit applications. To claim Veterans’ Preference, candidates must include supporting documentation with each submission, such as character of service (e.g., DD Form 214 Member Copy #4), along with any additional documents as stipulated by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. All required documentation must be submitted by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
The State of Florida upholds the principles of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in employment, fostering a workplace free from discrimination and violence.
Candidates necessitating reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act should promptly notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center at 1-866-663-4735. Advance notification to the hiring authority is essential to ensure adequate time for accommodation provision.
Emphasizing a Drug-Free workplace, the State of Florida adheres to Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act, subjecting all employees to reasonable suspicion drug testing.
Additional Veterans’ Preference Information:
For comprehensive details on Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements, eligibility, and waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, candidates can access the information here. All requisite documentation must be submitted by the conclusion of the vacancy announcement.
Paint Job Near Me
The outlined requirements and expectations underscore our commitment to maintaining a skilled and diverse workforce at the Department of Military Affairs. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, emphasizing our dedication to Veterans’ Preferences and equal opportunities. As we strive for excellence, we value the contributions of each team member and are committed to fostering an inclusive, accommodating, and drug-free workplace. Your interest and adherence to these principles are essential as we collectively work towards achieving our organizational goals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Paint Job Near Me
Where can I find more information about the E-Verify program and its implications for employment?
You can learn more about the E-Verify program and its significance for employment on the official website of the Department of Homeland Security or by contacting our Human Resources department.
Can I find information about Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements online?
Yes, comprehensive details on Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available on our official website or through the provided link in the vacancy announcement.
How can I stay informed about job openings and updates within the Department of Military Affairs?
Regularly check our official website and subscribe to relevant communication channels for updates on job openings, announcements, and other important information.
What does it mean to work in a Cooperative Agreement position?
A Cooperative Agreement position implies collaboration with other entities or organizations, often involving joint efforts to achieve specific objectives or projects.
Are there opportunities for career advancement within the Department of Military Affairs?
Yes, we are committed to providing opportunities for career advancement. Employees are encouraged to explore available career development programs and pathways.
How often does the Department of Military Affairs conduct drug testing for employees?
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace, and employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing by Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Is there a specific deadline for submitting application materials?
Yes, all required documentation, including Veterans’ Preference supporting documents, must be submitted by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Yes, applicants requiring accommodations under the ADA should notify the agency hiring authority or the People First Service Center at least in advance. This allows sufficient time to provide the necessary accommodation.
What is Veterans’ Preference, and how does it apply to job applicants?
Veterans’ Preference is a program that provides eligible veterans with preference in employment for certain positions. Applicants must submit supporting documentation, such as DD Form 214, to claim this preference.
How do I apply for a position with the Department of Military Affairs?
To apply for a position, please visit our official website or the designated application portal. Follow the provided instructions for submitting your application.